The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Tomato Basil Catfish
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 11 Min
Catfish has really come into its own with the farm-raised variety now widely available. If you haven't cooked it at home in a while, give catfish a try in this recipe that teams it with flavorful basil and tomatoes. Mmm!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil OR 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (4-ounce) U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the bell pepper, onion, and garlic, and saute for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the vegetables become translucent.
- Add the chicken broth, tomatoes, oregano, basil, and black pepper; bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Place the catfish fillets over the sauce, cover, and simmer for 7 to 9 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
This has so much flavorful sauce, you may want to serve it over warm cooked rice. If you'd like, garnish with a sprig of fresh basil.