Tomato Skillet Fish Fillets
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We love making these during the peak of tomato season when the grape and cherry tomatoes are extra juicy and flavorful. This also happens to be when you’ll find farm-raised catfish at some of the best prices of the year. Serve this up with a crisp salad and a tall glass of lemonade and you’ll have a good-for-you favorite your family will love.
What You'll Need
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 (6-ounce) US Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
- Salt for sprinkling
- Black pepper for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons slivered fresh basil
What to Do
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil until hot. Sauté garlic and red pepper flakes for 1 minute, or until garlic is golden. Add tomatoes and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until they start to blister and soften, stirring occasionally. Add lemon juice and wine, and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil until hot. Sprinkle catfish with salt and black pepper and sauté 6 to 8 minutes or until golden and fish flakes easily with a fork, turning halfway through cooking. Serve fish topped with blistered tomato mixture and basil.