Frozen Chocolate Coconut Mounds
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 Hr 15 Min
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
Frozen Chocolate Coconut Mounds are homemade ice cream novelties that were inspired by a popular candy, and they're the perfect snack or sweet ending to any meal.
What You'll Need
- 6 chocolate wafer cookies
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup chocolate-flavored hard-shell topping
What to Do
- Line a 6-cup muffin tin with paper baking cups and place a chocolate wafer cookie in each cup.
- In a large bowl, combine ice cream and coconut; mix well. Using an ice cream scoop, place a rounded scoop of ice cream mixture into each cup. Top each with chopped almonds and freeze for 1 hour, or until firm.
- Drizzle each with hard-shell topping until tops are completely covered. Freeze until chocolate shell is firm. Serve, or cover and keep frozen until ready to serve.
- Another favorite version of this is to mix chopped miniature peanut butter cups with the ice cream then sprinkle with chopped peanuts and top with a chocolate peanut butter-flavored hard-shell topping.
- Looking for make-ahead desserts? Check out this collection!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Pull-Apart Cheese Bread is great for a movie night at home with some friends and family. That's 'cause this pull-apart bread is made with delicious and irresistible ingredients, like two kinds of melted cheese and yummy buttermilk biscuits. Just don't blame us if this recipe steals the show!