Ice Cream Angel Squares
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You don't need to turn on your oven to make an angelic dessert! Our recipe for Ice Cream Angel Squares is the perfect no-bake dessert for those warm-weather months.
What You'll Need
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) angel food cake loaf
- 1 (3.5-ounce) jar macadamia nuts, chopped (see note)
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 3/4 to 1 cup chocolate sauce
- 3/4 to 1 cup caramel sauce
What to Do
- Dissolve coffee granules in 2 teaspoons hot water.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric beater until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add coffee, and beat until spreading consistency.
- Trim crust from cake. Cut cake into 6 (2-1/2-inch by 1-inch) squares. Spread frosting on top and sides of squares; roll in nuts. Top with ice cream, and drizzle with sauces.
We love the rich, buttery flavor that the macadamia nuts give to this angelic dessert, but dry-roasted peanuts will work just as well. You'll want to use 3/4 cup of chopped peanuts in place of the jar of macadamia nuts.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You can serve up a restaurant-worthy dinner while sticking to your budget, with this easy recipe for Crazy-Good Rosemary Chicken. These juicy chicken breasts are topped with a flavor-packed sauce made with some onions, a little lemon juice, a splash of wine, and a bit of mustard. The results are amazing!