We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We all have our special requests when it comes to donuts. Some prefer glazed, some frosted, others...fruit-filled. And now it's time to add ice cream-filled donuts to the list!
What You'll Need
- 6 plain cake donuts (see Note)
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
What to Do
- Cut donuts in half horizontally and place a large scoop of ice cream on half of each donut. Replace top of each donut and lightly press donut halves together.
- Place sprinkles in a shallow dish and roll donut edges in sprinkles, coating ice cream. Place on a cookie sheet and freeze 2 hours, until firm. Serve, or wrap each in plastic wrap and keep frozen until ready to serve.
The options are limitless with these ice cream treats. You can use any type of cake donut - powdered, sugared, or cinnamon, and any flavor ice cream. And go ahead and use any kinds of sprinkles, miniature chocolate chips, or even chopped nuts to coat the ice cream.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a recipe that's anything but taxing! Uncle Sam's Pulled Pork is a budget-friendly, weeknight winner. In this recipe, we slow cook boneless pork butt to perfection with some chopped onions and a can of cola. A little BBQ sauce and it's ready to go! Just pile it onto a roll along with some of our homemade coleslaw and you're set for lots of "yum!"