The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Zesty Orange Sorbet
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 5 Hr
Squeeze this one into your snack plans and you know everyone will be eating with zest!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 envelope (0.25 ounces) unflavored gelatin
- 3 cups orange juice, divided (see Note)
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
What to Do
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the sugar and gelatin; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup orange juice to boiling over high heat, then add the gelatin mixture and stir until dissolved. Add the remaining orange juice and the grated orange peel; mix well. Pour into a shallow pan, cover, and freeze for 2 to 3 hours, until firm.
- Break into medium-sized pieces and place in the bowl of a food processor that has been fitted with its steel cutting blade. Process until the mixture is smooth, then spoon into an airtight storage container. Seal and freeze for 3 to 4 hours, until firm.
Makes about 1 quart.
Should you use fresh-squeezed orange juice or juice from a carton? Both taste good in here.