We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There is no better way to beat the heat of summer than with the cool, refreshing taste of watermelon salsa. Try it on chicken, fish, or just dip chips into this fruity Watermelon Salsa.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups diced watermelon
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Granulated sugar, optional (depending on sweetness of fruit)
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine watermelon, pineapple, onion, cilantro, and jalapeño pepper; toss gently.
- Add lemon juice and season to taste with hot sauce, salt, and pepper. If additional sweetness is desired, add a small amount of sugar. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Makes about 4 cups salsa.
Adapted from recipe courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These from-scratch pumpkin pancakes are the perfect way to start off your weekend! Our recipe uses pumpkin pie filling to bring the comforting feeling of fall right to your kitchen. Make sure to top them with a bit of butter and a lot of syrup for a pumpkin taste straight from heaven! Whether you're making it for the grown-ups, the kids, or both, everyone will love our cozy Pumpkin Patch Pancakes.