Poached Candy Apples
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you put these apples poached in apple cider and cinnamon candies on your menu, you'd better put out the welcome mat and get ready for some old-fashioned good taste, too. Our Poached Candy Apples are a real treat that everyone's going to want to enjoy!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup red-hot cinnamon candies
- 3 cups apple cider
- 4 large apples, peeled
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
What to Do
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt cinnamon candies in apple cider. Add apples and spoon sauce over tops to coat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 20 to 25 minutes, or until tender, turning occasionally during cooking, and spooning sauce over tops.
- Serve warm with the sauce, or allow to cool in the sauce until ready to serve.
- To make sure the apples stand up when being served, slice a bit off the bottom of each apple to make it flat.
- If you still have some sauce left after all the apples are gone, you can use it to poach additional apples or even pears.
- Garnish your poached candy apples with a few sprigs of fresh mint and they'll look so pretty you won't want to eat 'em, but please do - or you'll miss out on a load of sweet-and-spicy down-home flavor!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've never heard of toad-in-the-hole, well, let us enlighten you! It's a recipe that is perfect for breakfast, dinner, or even brinner -- that's breakfast for dinner! Our Sheet Pan Toad-in-the-Hole comes together with all the flavors you love, without any of the mess of a traditional big breakfast. Once you try it, you're gonna wonder how you lived without it!