We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you like breakfast burritos, then you'll really love these tasty Chorizo Fajitas! Packed with spicy chorizo sausage, eggs, veggies, and cheese, this is a breakfast you'll find yourself craving.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces soft chorizo (see Note)
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 4 large eggs, scrambled (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
What to Do
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and saute 5 minutes or until golden.
- Remove and discard chorizo casings. Add chorizo and peppers to skillet; cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring until chorizo crumbles and browns. Drain well.
- Spoon chorizo mixture down the center of each tortilla; top with eggs, if desired, and cheese. Fold sides in, and roll up burrito-style. Serve with desired toppings.
This traditional ingredient in Mexican and Spanish dishes is a spicy pork sausage that's seasoned with garlic and chili powder. There are usually two types of chorizo sold in supermarkets: One is labeled "smoked and dried" and is hard like pepperoni. The other is slightly softer. With both types, be sure to remove the casings before browning.