We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Almond Torte looks fancy, but the secret is that it's fuss-free! That's right, we won't tell your guests if you don't about how quick and easy it is to whip up this fantastic Almond Torte recipe. Yum!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (10-ounce) package blanched almonds (2 cups), divided
- 1 1/4 cups (2-1/4 sticks) butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Finely chop almonds in a blender or food processor; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter with an electric beater until soft. Beat in the sugars until fluffy. By hand, mix in the egg, flour, almond extract, and 1-2/3 cups of the ground almonds; mix until smooth and stiff.
- Place mixture in prepared pan. Sprinkle top with remaining almonds and bake 50 minutes, or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on a rack before removing from pan.
It's best not to substitute margarine for butter in this recipe. And if you don't have a springform pan, you can use a 9-inch round cake pan.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Craving a big, fluffy, cheesy omelet like the kind you can order at your favorite breakfast restaurant? Here it is! We've stuffed this one with lots of onion, green pepper, and ham to create The World's Best Western Omelet. Once you see how easy it is, you'll be making overstuffed omelets all the time!