We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Almond Torte looks fancy, but the secret is that it's fuss-free! That's right, we won't tell your guests if you don't about how quick and easy it is to whip up this fantastic Almond Torte recipe. Yum!
What You'll Need
- 1 (10-ounce) package blanched almonds (2 cups), divided
- 1 1/4 cups (2-1/4 sticks) butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Finely chop almonds in a blender or food processor; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter with an electric beater until soft. Beat in the sugars until fluffy. By hand, mix in the egg, flour, almond extract, and 1-2/3 cups of the ground almonds; mix until smooth and stiff.
- Place mixture in prepared pan. Sprinkle top with remaining almonds and bake 50 minutes, or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on a rack before removing from pan.
It's best not to substitute margarine for butter in this recipe. And if you don't have a springform pan, you can use a 9-inch round cake pan.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 425
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31g 48 %
- Saturated Fat 13g 66 %
- Trans Fat 0.8g 0 %
- Protein 7.1g 14 %
- Cholesterol 66mg 22 %
- Sodium 177mg 7 %
- Total Carbohydrates 32g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.2g 13 %
- Sugars 18g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Imagine the taste of your favorite apple pie, combined with the taste of your favorite apple cobbler, served on a homemade shortbread crust. That's exactly what these Apple Cobbler Shortbread Squares taste like! This is a great apple dessert bar to make in the fall or anytime you get a craving for something apple-icious!