Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Once you see how easy it is to make this rich Chocolate Buttercream Frosting, you'll wonder why you ever bought canned stuff. We've been told this homemade frosting recipe is one of the best around! Whether you spread this homemade chocolate frosting on a cake, cupcakes, or other treats, you'll love the rich, chocolatey taste it brings to your desserts.
What You'll Need
- 1 (1-pound) package confectioners' sugar (approximately 3-3/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 squares (2 ounces) unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
What to Do
- In a large bowl, blend the confectioners' sugar, butter, milk, and vanilla with an electric beater at low speed until well combined.
- Once well combined, beat at medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes, until creamy. Add the cooled chocolate, and beat until well combined. Add more milk, if necessary, until the frosting reaches spreading consistency.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
They say everything's bigger in Texas, which must be why this casserole is so big on taste! Our Texas Broccoli and Rice Casserole is creamy, cheesy, and oh-so-easy. It's perfect alongside anything from Texas brisket to your favorite chicken dinner!