We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If your house is like mine, chocolate sauce is a popular item. We used to run out of it constantly...but not anymore! Now we make it ourselves with ingredients we always have on hand. We can count on having our favorite chocolate sauce for making all our desserts special.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cocoa, flour, and salt; mix well. In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the water, vanilla, and butter over medium heat. When the butter melts, stir in the sugar mixture until slightly thickened and bubbling. Remove from the heat, let cool slightly, and serve warm, or cover and chill until ready to use.
Makes 3-1/2 cups.
Serve this delicious sauce warm over ice cream or almost any dessert, or use it cold in milk or in any recipe calling for chocolate syrup. It all sounds good to me!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Y'know how good salads taste when you order them from a restaurant? Well, we recreated one of our favorites and came up with this recipe for Southwestern Salad Toss that we think is even better than the original! Full of yummy mix-ins and topped off with a light, fresh, and flavorful dressing, this salad will definitely impress everyone!
- Creamy Dutch Apple Dessert
- Easy Ice Cream Cake
- 39 Amazing Whipping Cream Dessert Recipes
- Creamy Fruit Cocktail Mold
- Sweet Cherry Thing
- No-Bake Desserts Free eCookbook
- Banana Bread Roll
- Last Minute Applesauce Dessert
- Death by Chocolate
- Sweetened Condensed Milk Recipes: 22 Recipes Using Condensed Milk