Croquembouche (Cream Puff Tree)
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 45 Min
For all the fanciness of the traditional name Croquembouche, this is really just a beautiful cream puff tree! Give our easy version a try. You'll feel like a pastry chef when you display this holiday dessert made from store-bought cream puffs!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 100 small cream puffs (see Option)
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, and water; bring to a boil over high heat. Cook 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- On a large serving platter, form a ring with 14 cream puffs. Fill center of ring with additional cream puffs. Drizzle each cream puff on platter with sugar mixture to secure them. Be careful when working with sugar glaze; it is very hot!
- Form a ring of 12 cream puffs on top of first ring, then fill center with additional cream puffs; drizzle with sugar glaze. Continue building smaller rings, using all but one cream puff; finish the tree by topping with final cream puff. Allow to set before serving.
Small cream puffs are available at most bakeries, but if you can't get them, you can substitute with glazed donut holes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 44 Extraordinary Make-Ahead Desserts
- Fluffy Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- Potluck Pistachio Fluff
- Rocky Road Fluff
- Heavenly Orange Fluff
- Blueberry Lemon Fluff
- Banana Split Sundae Fluff
- Sweetened Condensed Milk Recipes: 14 Recipes Using Condensed Milk
- Whipped Cream Desserts: 35 Whipping Cream Recipes
- No-Bake Desserts Free eCookbook