Dark Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What's the secret to a chocolate lovers heart? How about a chocolate cake frosted with our Dark Chocolate Buttercream Frosting? Now that's what we call decadence!
What You'll Need
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
What to Do
- In a large bowl, blend the confectioners' sugar, butter, half and half, vanilla, and salt with an electric beater at low speed until well combined.
- Beat at medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes, until creamy. Add the cocoa powder, and beat until well combined. Add more half and half, if necessary, until the frosting reaches spreading consistency.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.