Ginger Cocoa Crisps
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The great homemade taste of ginger snaps, with a chocolate twist.
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup (1½ sticks) butter
- 1 cup sugar plus ¼ cup for rolling
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter; slowly add the 1 cup sugar, beating with an electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the egg, beating well. Stir in the molasses, then set aside. In another large bowl, combine the flour and cocoa, then stir in the baking soda, ginger, and salt; add to the molasses mixture, mixing well.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls, then roll in the reserved 1/4 cup sugar. Place 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
Makes 2-1/2 to 3 dozen cookies.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These tender Fall-off-the-Bone Short Ribs get their flavor from our secret ingredient that's sure to surprise you! Wanna know what it is? A crumbled slice of Pumpernickle bread! This recipe is a hearty, stick-to-your ribs recipe (no pun intended) that is perfect anytime of the year!