Holiday Whoopie Pies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 18 pies
- 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Our Test Kitchen has put a festive holiday spin on popular Amish Whoopie Pies. Bake a batch of our Holiday Whoopie Pies and maybe even leave one out on a plate for Santa on Christmas Eve. Bet he'd love that!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 cup to 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Red and green decorating sugar
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil, and eggs; beat with an electric mixer on low speed until well blended. Drop batter by teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool slightly then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- In saucepan, combine milk and flour and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until thick paste forms; let cool.
- In medium bowl, beat granulated sugar and shortening until fluffy; stir in peppermint extract then add cooled flour mixture and beat until doubled in volume. Add 1 cup confectioners' sugar and beat until mixture is stiff, adding more if needed.
- Turn half cooled cakes over on their backs then spoon a dollop of filling onto each. Place remaining cakes on top of filling, forming sandwiches. Sprinkle the filling with decorating sugar, then serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Calories 365
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21g 33 %
- Saturated Fat 6.8g 34 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 3.1g 6 %
- Cholesterol 38mg 13 %
- Sodium 219mg 9 %
- Total Carbohydrates 42g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.7g 3 %
- Sugars 31g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This is the perfect potato casserole for any occasion. It's just as good with your weeknight dinner as it is served for a company-fancy meal. Our Anytime Potatoes are creamy, dreamy, and easy to throw-together. And the crispy topping makes them extra-special!