Old-Fashioned Southern Chocolate Frosting
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 1/2 cups
- CHILL TIME
- 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Our Old-Fashioned Southern Chocolate Frosting is a glossy frosting that's perfect for topping cakes that you want to fancy up with decorating gel.
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What To Do:
In a small saucepan, combine butter, evaporated milk, granulated sugar, and chocolate squares. Cook over medium-low heat until chocolate has melted and mixture has come to a low boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low and cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; mix well. Chill 30 minutes to thicken before using.
This isn't like traditional frosting; it's more of a cross between a glaze and a thick icing.
- Want even more frosting recipes? Check out our collection of Homemade Frosting Recipes: 14 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Tired of serving chicken breasts the same ol' way every time? If so, then you'll love this recipe for Cheesy Baked Chicken. These chicken breasts have a cracker crumb coating made from crushed cheese crackers and sesame seeds, so you can expect lots of crunch and flavor in every bite. Plus, this one is done in just about 30 minutes, which makes it great for busy weeknights!