French Country One Pot
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Traditional recipes for dishes like our French Country One Pot are easy but use lots of pots and pans. Well, from the ingredients here, you'll know you're in for a taste treat. And from the title, you'll know you're in for a cleanup treat, too!
What You'll Need
- 1 onion, peeled, cut in half, and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 pound fresh Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound regular or reduced-fat fully-cooked smoked sausage, sliced diagonally into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 (15-ounce) can white kidney (cannellini) beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans (chick peas), rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can regular or salt-free stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine, optional
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
What to Do
- Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray. Add onion and garlic, and cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, just until onion is softened.
- Remove sausage from casing and add to saucepan. Cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add sliced smoked sausage and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until sausage is cooked through and no pink remains.
- Pour off drippings then stir in remaining ingredients, except parsley. Mix gently then cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 5 minutes then uncover and cook over medium-low heat 5 to 10 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Garnish with parsley or scallions, if desired, and serve.
- Get out the rice or noodles to serve with this, 'cause the sauce is the best part.
- Dinner doesn't get much easier than one-pot meals! For a huge variety of tasty one-dish meals, check out 36 Quick and Easy One-Pot Meals!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Add a little spice to your life with our recipe for Sriracha Short Ribs! These short ribs are cooked till they're fall-apart tender and then slathered with a delicious sauce made from Sriracha sauce, honey, and lime juice. The results are absolutely mouthwatering!