Painted French Toast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's time to add a little creativity to your traditional French toast. This French toast recipe is super easy, not to mention a load of fun for the kids. This Mother's Day, let the kids help out in the kitchen by making this Painted French Toast as a unique Mother's Day breakfast or brunch idea. They'll love making the perfect message or picture for Mom, and she'll love her special breakfast. It's a win-win!
What You'll Need
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Assorted liquid food colors
- 4 new small nontoxic paintbrushes
- 8 slices white bread
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Pour 1/4 cup egg mixture into each of 4 small bowls, reserving the remaining mixture in a shallow dish. Add the desired amount of different food color to each bowl.
- Paint a message and/or design on each bread slice with the desired colored egg mixture. Dip the painted bread into the reserved egg mixture.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bread, in batches, and cook for 1-1/2 minutes per side, or until golden, adding more butter as needed.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
What makes this brisket recipe so simple? The fact that your slow cooker does all the work, and we think that's just great! Now you don't need a special occasion to make fork tender brisket and we can bet your family will be very happy about that