We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's nothing like visiting your favorite diner and ordering up those giant, fluffy buttermilk waffles. Good thing you won't have to wait till your next diner visit to enjoy this breakfast favorite. Our recipe for Buttermilk Waffles is easy and delicious!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk (see Note)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
What to Do
- Preheat an electric waffle iron according to directions. Coat with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in eggs, buttermilk, and melted butter; mix well (see Notes).
- Using a 1/2-cup measure, pour batter onto bottom of prepared waffle iron. Close lid and cook 60 to 90 seconds, or until golden.
- Using a fork, carefully remove waffle to a plate. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve immediately.
- Don't have buttermilk on hand? Don't worry! Just add 2 tablespoons of either white vinegar or cream of tartar to 2 cups milk. Stir and let sit for about 5 minutes then use in place of the buttermilk in this or any other recipe. Is that easy or what?
- For a change of pace, try adding 1 teaspoon almond extract to the better to give it a little extra punch of flavor.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 319
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12g 19 %
- Saturated Fat 7.1g 36 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 8.5g 17 %
- Cholesterol 94mg 31 %
- Sodium 674mg 28 %
- Total Carbohydrates 43g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.1g 5 %
- Sugars 11g 0 %
- Banana Pancakes with Golden Banana Syrup
- Peaches and Cream French Toast
- Peanut Butter & Banana French Toast Bake
- South of the Border Doughnuts
- Mexican French Toast
- Pumpkin Patch Pancakes
- Maple French Toast Sticks
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Pancakes
- Ham and Cheese Oven French Toast
- Mother's Day Hash Brown Waffle Supreme