Protein Packed Pancakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Did you know that eggs are packed with protein? Our Protein Packed Pancakes will get your family off to a good start. Add to the tasty and healthy goodness by topping them off with a sprinkling of fresh fruit or nuts and enjoy!
What You'll Need:
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or vegetable oil
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
What To Do:
In a large bowl, beat all ingredients together until blended.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat until hot. Spoon 1/4 cup portion of batter (or 1 tablespoon for silver dollar-size) into skillet; cook until golden brown, turning once. Repeat until all batter is used.
Serve with your favorite syrup or preserves, or raspberries, or sliced bananas and chopped pecans.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook, Perfectly Easy Pancakes.
- Tips on making great pancakes:
- Always preheat skillet or griddle before cooking pancakes. Pan is hot when drops of water sizzle and dance on surface.
- Cook pancakes in batches. Serve immediately or keep warm on a plate in a low (200 degree F) oven until all batter is used.
- Make your own freezer pancakes, ready to pop in the toaster on those hurried weekday mornings.
- To freeze: Cool pancakes on wire racks. Return to baking sheets; freeze in single layer 1 to 2 hours. Wrap well, individually or stacked; freeze up to 1 month.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.