Open Faced Strawberry Cheese Danish
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a shortcut danish recipe that everyone will love! Made with biscuits and cream cheese, along with sweet strawberry preserves, this whips up in just 20 minutes. Plus, it takes all the fuss out of danish making! Now we can enjoy danish straight from the oven, without spending hours in the kitchen.
What You'll Need
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package buttermilk biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 16 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Separate each biscuit into two halves by gently pulling apart. Place each biscuit half in a muffin cup and press against the bottom and sides to form a crust.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, egg, and sugar until smooth. Spoon into crusts and top evenly with preserves.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden. Allow to cool slightly then serve warm.
Test Kitchen Tips
- For a nutty cheese danish, replace the strawberry preserves with 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans.
- Fancy some more danish recipes? We've got you covered with everything from our four ingredient Cheese Danish Cups, this amazing Danish Almond Loaf, and--this one is always a hit--our Easy Cheesy Cherry Danish!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For more scrumpious brunch recipes, download are free eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Fire up the grill! This is one of our juiciest grilled pork chop recipes ever. What makes these Honey Mustard Grilled Pork Chops so good is the sweet 'n' tangy glaze that caramelizes as it cooks. You'll be smackin' your lips with each bite!