Baked Macaroni and Eggplant Neapolitan
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Baked Macaroni and Eggplant Neapolitan is like eggplant parmigiana and baked ziti all rolled into one. Every mouthful is pure delight! We can't get enough of this truly Italian way to chow down; so don't wait to bring this easy macaroni and eggplant recipe to your dinner table!
What You'll Need
- 16 ounces ziti pasta
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1 eggplant, peeled and thinly sliced
- Salt for sprinkling
- Garlic powder for sprinkling
- 1 (24-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
What to Do
- Cook ziti according to package directions; drain well and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat until hot, but not smoking. Sprinkle eggplant lightly with salt and garlic powder. Cook eggplant in batches 2 to 4 minutes or until browned on both sides. Place eggplant on a paper towel-lined platter.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Reserve 1 cup spaghetti sauce; combine remaining sauce with cooked ziti.
- Layer half the ziti mixture in prepared baking dish, then 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, half the eggplant, and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese; repeat layers. Top with reserved 1 cup spaghetti sauce, and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes, remove from oven. Add remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and bake 5 more minutes or until heated through.
Check This Out!
- For easy Italian recipes you will make again and again, we've compiled this collection of No-Fail Italian Favorites, plus Classic Sauces you can make at home!
- Looking for more tasty recipes with eggplant? Click here to check out our collection of Easy Eggplant Recipes: Simple Recipes with Eggplant.
- When in doubt, try one of our Easy Lasagna Recipes for a new dinner favorite.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Dinner has never been better!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 669
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 32g 49 %
- Saturated Fat 8.4g 42 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 22g 44 %
- Cholesterol 38mg 13 %
- Sodium 1,023mg 43 %
- Total Carbohydrates 74g 25 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.3g 21 %
- Sugars 11g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
While we love the hearty, warm-ya-up penne pasta recipes, sometimes, when the weather is warming up, we want to go lighter and brighter. That's what inspired our easy-to-make Pasta Penne Toss! It's a fresh-tasting, one-pot pasta dish that comes together with Kalamata olives and chunked up tomatoes. Plus, since it cooks up in no time, it's the perfect weeknight meal for the family!