Cold Sesame Noodles
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This "hot" Asian restaurant dish tastes incredible 'cause it's served chilled! Our delicious recipe for cold sesame noodles bathed in a peanutty sauce is extra special, so why pay for take-out when we can do it ourselves this easily?
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound linguine or spaghetti
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 scallions (green onions), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 of a red pepper, cut into strips
What To Do:
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Add pasta and toss to coat evenly.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour before serving.
- Sure, you can serve this warm, but to bring out the sesame and peanut flavors, we recommend serving it cold, which is the traditional way. We also like to add cooked shrimp or chicken; and to give it a restaurant finished look, garnish with sesame seeds and additional sliced scallions.
- Looking for more traditional Chinese food recipes you can easily make at home? Don't miss our collection of 26 Takeout Dishes to Make at Home: Easy Chinese Recipes!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.