Linguine and Mussels Marinara
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We can't go wrong with this classic Italian dish, Linguine and Mussels Marinara. It is the perfect meal with such simple ingredients.
What You'll Need:
- 8 ounces linguine, uncooked
- 1 pound fresh, farm-raised mussels
- 2 cups chunky-style pasta sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
What To Do:
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta cooks, rinse mussels in cold water; remove beards on mussels, and scrub shells thoroughly with a brush. Discard any opened or cracked mussels. Combine mussels, pasta sauce, and red pepper in a large deep skillet. Cover and bring to a simmer over medium heat; cook 5 minutes or until mussels open. (Discard any unopened mussels.)
- Place drained pasta into individual shallow bowls. Top with mussels and sauce; sprinkle with chopped basil. Serve immediately.
Before preparing, tap mussels that have an opened shell. If they close, they're fine to cook; if they remain open, discard them along with any cracked mussels. To debeard a mussel, grasp the hairlike beard with your thumb and forefinger, and pull it away from the shell. Then the mussels are ready for a quick simmer.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Calories 497
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3g 11 %
- Saturated Fat 0.9g 5 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 30g 60 %
- Cholesterol 46mg 15 %
- Sodium 1,131mg 47 %
- Total Carbohydrates 75g 25 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.8g 23 %
- Sugars 12g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.