Sunday Night Manicotti
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If it's old-time raves you want, our Sunday Night Manicotti is your guarantee.
What You'll Need
- 14 manicotti (8-ounce package) or 35 to 40 large pasta shells (12-ounce package) for stuffing
- 1 (32 ounce) large container ricotta cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan or Romano cheese, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until just barely tender, about 5 to 6 minutes. Drain, cover with cold water, then drain again.
In a large bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, 2 cups of mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, eggs, parsley, garlic, salt, and black pepper.
Pour 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce onto bottom of each of 2 lightly greased 8-inch square baking dishes. Fill each manicotti or shell generously with cheese mixture. Place filled pasta in prepared baking dishes.
Pour 1 cup of spaghetti sauce over each baking dish, then top each baking dish with 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella and 1 tablespoon Parmesan.
Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until light golden. Let set 10 minutes before serving.
An easy, efficient way to fill the pasta is to carefully place the cheese mixture in a large resealable plastic storage bag with a corner snipped off; then squeeze the filling into the pasta, using the storage bag like a pastry bag.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 2,529
- Calories from Fat 424
- Total Fat 47g 72 %
- Saturated Fat 23g 115 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 101g 202 %
- Cholesterol 194mg 65 %
- Sodium 1,520mg 63 %
- Total Carbohydrates 413g 138 %
- Dietary Fiber 19g 76 %
- Sugars 25g 0 %