Dutch Crescent Pastries
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're from the state of Iowa, you've probably heard of "Dutch Letters" before. Well, we came up with our own version of this Dutch cookie favorite. Our Dutch Crescent Pastries are filled with a moist almond paste and sprinkled with coarse sugar, which make them taste fantastic!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package almond paste
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 (8-ounce) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons water
- Coarse sugar for sprinkling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, beat almond paste, granulated sugar, egg, and lemon extract until smooth. Divide mixture in half and place each half on a piece of wax paper about 14 inches long. Roll each portion into a 10- x 1/2-inch rope.
- Unroll 1 crescent dough on a flat surface and press seams together. Place an almond paste rope at the long end of dough. Roll up, press seam together, and tuck in ends. Place on baking sheet and form into an S shape. Repeat with remaining crescent dough and almond rope.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg white and water; brush over dough. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks, then slice into 2-inch pieces.
If you like these Dutch pastry-style cookies, then you may want to check out our Dutch Treats, a lightly spiced cookie recipe!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Calories 187
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5g 15 %
- Saturated Fat 3.2g 16 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 2.6g 5 %
- Cholesterol 13mg 4 %
- Sodium 264mg 11 %
- Total Carbohydrates 24g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.4g 2 %
- Sugars 14g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll impress everyone at the dinner table with this recipe for Grape Stompin' Chicken. The light cream sauce that goes over the chicken breasts is delicious, especially since it's accented with the flavors of fresh grapes and a splash of wine.