Apple Cinnamon Poke Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 square
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
We've got your new favorite seasonal dessert, right here. The creamy whipped frosting and the sweet apple pie filling make this Apple Cinnamon Poke Cake an absolute delight! It's an easy poke cake recipe that everyone will love. We're happy to say that all flavors of the season are captured here, making this our most delicious poke cake yet.
What You'll Need
- 1 (21-ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 (15.25-ounce) package white cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 1/2 cups apple jelly
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Remove apples from filling, dice, then stir into cake batter; reserve pie filling for later use. Add batter to baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; let cool slightly. Using the end of a wooden spoon, poke holes about 1-inch apart all over top of cake.
- In a medium bowl, combine reserved pie filling, apple jelly, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and the nutmeg; mix well. Pour apple mixture into holes and spread over top of cake.
- In a medium bowl, combine whipped topping and remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon; mix well. Spread mixture evenly over cake. Refrigerate 3 hours, or until ready to serve.
Check This Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!