Fresh Peach Hand Pies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're looking for a peachy keen summer treat to satisfy your sweet tooth, we've got just the thing! Our peach hand pies are just the right size to take on the go, which means they are perfect for your next out door shindig, potluck, or get together! These Fresh Peach Hand Pies are the perfect dessert when you want a taste of summer on your tongue.
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup peeled and finely chopped fresh peaches (1 to 2 peaches)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package rolled refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- Course sugar for sprinkling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine peaches, granulated sugar, flour, cinnamon, and lemon juice; mix well and set aside.
- Unroll both pieces of pie dough onto a cutting board. Using a 3-inch round cookie or biscuit cutter, cut 9 circles from each piece of dough. (If you don’t have the right size cutter, you can use the rim of a drinking glass). Place 9 dough circles on the baking sheet. Place about 1 tablespoon of the peach mixture onto the center of each piece of dough.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and water. Brush edges of dough with egg wash. Place remaining dough circles over filling and seal edges by pressing together with a fork dipped in the egg wash. Make sure you seal each one completely so the filling won’t ooze out. With a paring knife, cut a small slit in the top of each hand pie. Brush tops of each with egg wash and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Serve warm.
Test Kitchen Tip
- We love these since they are so easy to grab and go, however, we also love to serve them warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. And yes, on occasion, we’ve been known to drizzle on some caramel ice cream topping. Just sayin’.
- Firing up the grill this weekend? Our Rockin' Rib Recipes will wow the guests at your barbecue! They'll be hard pressed to decide what they like better. The ribs or the peach hand pies!
- You know what says summer? Well, besides our delicious Fresh Peach Hand Pies? That's right! Iced tea! Check out our Ways with Iced Tea collection to complete that summer feel.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Calories 223
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11g 17 %
- Saturated Fat 4.6g 23 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 0.9g 2 %
- Cholesterol 27mg 9 %
- Sodium 240mg 10 %
- Total Carbohydrates 31g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1 %
- Sugars 8.1g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lemon custard pie was one of Honest Abe's favorites. His first taste of it came from Nancy Breedlove, the owner of a hotel he frequently stayed at. He loved her lemon custard pie so much, he asked her to share the recipe. Our version may not be exactly the one that's been used at the White House for years since, but it's still amazing!