Blue Ribbon Blueberry Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Earn your own berry-licious blue ribbon when you bake up our Blue Ribbon Blueberry Pie. Tapioca pearls are the secret ingredient that make this blueberry pie recipe a winning dessert!
What You'll Need
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (thawed, if frozen)
- 3 tablespoons instant tapioca
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 (15-ounce) box refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 egg, beaten
What to Do
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine blueberries, tapioca, 3/4 cup sugar, the lemon juice, and lemon zest; mix well and let stand 15 to 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, unroll 1 pie crust and place in a 9-inch pie plate. Pour blueberry mixture into crust. Unroll remaining pie crust and place on top of mixture; seal, and flute edges. Cut several slits in crust, brush with egg, and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
Place a pan under pie so it won’t drip in the oven. Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until top is golden.
- If you like Blue Ribbon Blueberry Pie, try our Apple-Blueberry Crunch, too!
- If you loved this homemade pie recipe, check out our free eCookbook, "Easy as Pie" Recipes: 40 Chocolate Pie Recipes, Fruit Pie Recipes & More.
- You can also find more blueberry pie recipes in our collection, Bountiful Blueberries: Our Best Blueberry Dessert Recipes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Nothing is more welcoming than a big pot of soup at the end of a long day, and with our recipe for Potato Corn Soup you can whip up a bowl of comfort anytime you want. It takes just about 30 minutes to get this soup on your dinner table, which makes it weeknight-friendly, too!