Homemade Chocolate Cream Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 9 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
It doesn't matter how stuffed you are, we bet you'll find room for a slice (or two!) of our Homemade Chocolate Cream Pie. This sinfully rich chocolate cream pie is a popular dessert no matter where or when it's served, so you might want to make a few...
What You'll Need:
- 1 rolled refrigerated pie crust (from a 15-ounce package)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups cold milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 pint (1 cup) heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
What To Do:
- Bake the pie shell according to package directions in a 9-inch pie plate; let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the granulated sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour into pie crust and chill 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, combine heavy cream and confectioners' sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Spread evenly over pie, cover loosely, and chill 8 hours or overnight before serving.
- You can substitute 2 cups whipped topping for the homemade whipped cream.
- To make this chocolate cream pie look extra-special, just before serving, top with shaved chocolate or sprinkles.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 588
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34g 52 %
- Saturated Fat 18g 88 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 4.5g 9 %
- Cholesterol 76mg 25 %
- Sodium 525mg 22 %
- Total Carbohydrates 70g 23 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g 5 %
- Sugars 30g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've been to a church picnic or, really, just about any kind of family get-together in the South, then you're probably familiar with pimiento cheese spread. It's a staple there! We thought we'd give these deviled eggs a Southern twist by stuffing them with a pimiento cheese mixture, and boy, did they turn out good! These Pimiento Cheese Deviled Eggs will be a hit with your family this Easter.