Strawberry Eggnog Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Say hello to your new favorite holiday pie! This Strawberry Eggnog Pie recipe comes from Sherry Gore's "Me, Myself, and Pie" cookbook, and is absolutely bursting with flavor! We can't decide which layer we like best - the sweet strawberry gelatin or the creamy eggnog custard. It doesn't matter 'cause we make sure to get both in every forkful!
What You'll Need
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large egg yolks, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 (9-inch) baked pie crust
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (21-ounce) can strawberry pie filling (see Note)
What to Do
- Place gelatin in a small bowl; add cold water.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, scald 3/4 cup milk, stirring continuously, until bubbles form around the edges. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, sugar, and salt; add remaining milk to mixture.
- In a medium saucepan, combine scalded milk, egg yolks, butter, gelatin mixture, and cornstarch mixture and cook over low heat until thick. Let cool. Fold in whipped cream and vanilla. Pour into pie crust.
- Chill in refrigerator at least 4 hours, or until set. Top with strawberry pie filling before serving.
- To make your own strawberry pie filling: In a saucepan over high heat, boil 2 cups water, 1 cup sugar, and 2 rounded tablespoons cornstarch. Add 1 (4-serving-size) box strawberry gelatin, reduce heat to medium, and stir until mixture thickens. Let cool until warm.
- This recipe is from Sherry Gore's Me, Myself, and Pie cookbook. Watch Howard and Sherry as they take a bite out of this delicious holiday pie - click here!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll be the star of the next get together when you bring this easy chili recipe along. You see, the combination of ground beef and Italian sausage makes for a hearty recipe that no one can resist. When they ask you what it's called just say, "That's My Tailgating Chili!" with a smile.