Strawberry Eggnog Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Say hello to your new favorite holiday pie! This Strawberry Eggnog Pie recipe comes from Sherry Gore's "Me, Myself, and Pie" cookbook, and is absolutely bursting with flavor! We can't decide which layer we like best - the sweet strawberry gelatin or the creamy eggnog custard. It doesn't matter 'cause we make sure to get both in every forkful!
What You'll Need
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large egg yolks, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 (9-inch) baked pie crust
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (21-ounce) can strawberry pie filling (see Note)
What to Do
- Place gelatin in a small bowl; add cold water.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, scald 3/4 cup milk, stirring continuously, until bubbles form around the edges. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, sugar, and salt; add remaining milk to mixture.
- In a medium saucepan, combine scalded milk, egg yolks, butter, gelatin mixture, and cornstarch mixture and cook over low heat until thick. Let cool. Fold in whipped cream and vanilla. Pour into pie crust.
- Chill in refrigerator at least 4 hours, or until set. Top with strawberry pie filling before serving.
- To make your own strawberry pie filling: In a saucepan over high heat, boil 2 cups water, 1 cup sugar, and 2 rounded tablespoons cornstarch. Add 1 (4-serving-size) box strawberry gelatin, reduce heat to medium, and stir until mixture thickens. Let cool until warm.
- This recipe is from Sherry Gore's Me, Myself, and Pie cookbook. Watch Howard and Sherry as they take a bite out of this delicious holiday pie - click here!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
It just doesn't get more refreshing than watermelon pops in the summer! Plus, watermelon is a great fruit to help keep you hydrated when the sun is blazing overhead. We like to add a little bit of something extra to our Fruity Watermelon Pops by mixing in chopped berries or fresh mint! Yum!