Skillet Glazed Pork
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The glaze in this flavor-packed pork dish is made with an ingredient you may have never tried before. This ingredient adds a slightly salty, Asian flair to dishes and is great for cooking with, as well as dipping into. You'll have to try our recipe for Skillet Glazed Pork to see for yourself!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 pounds pork shoulder steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups cooked white rice, warmed
- 2 scallions, cut in half and shredded lengthwise
What to Do
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat oil; saute pork and onion 5 minutes, or until browned. Remove mixture to a bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium; add fish sauce, brown sugar, hot sauce, ginger, garlic, and pepper strips. Cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk broth and cornstarch and add to skillet. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until sauce is thickened. Return pork to skillet and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink in center. Serve over rice and top with scallions.
And for dessert? How about a "Just Peachy" Fluff Salad? Sweet, simple, and refreshing!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 427
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13g 21 %
- Saturated Fat 4.2g 21 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 38g 75 %
- Cholesterol 109mg 36 %
- Sodium 997mg 42 %
- Total Carbohydrates 36g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 6 %
- Sugars 4.1g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When the heat of summer has us turning away from comfort foods, we like to turn to recipes like this Chilled Beefed-Up Summer Salad. And, since salad is only as good as the dressing that goes on it, you can bet we've paired this beefy summer salad with the perfect, homemade, creamy horseradish dressing to make this extra mm..mm..tasty!