Citrusy Pecan Wild Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
With its blend of sweet and savory flavors, our Citrusy Pecan Wild Rice is sure to please your loved ones.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/3 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (2.75-ounce) package quick-cooking wild rice
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan, bring broth, butter, and salt to a boil .
- Add rice; cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 5 minutes, or until rice is tender. Drain off excess liquid. Fluff with a fork.
- Add remaining ingredients to rice; toss gently to combine.
For a more pronounced citrus flavor, toss a teaspoon of grated orange rind (zest) into the rice. Just gently rub a clean orange against a fine grater or zester. Be careful to remove just the colored skin and not the white pith, which tends to be very bitter.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.