Loaded Layered Hash Browns
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Loaded Layered Hash Browns have everything you could possibly want packed into each bite. Don't be surprised at how fast this breakfast favorite disappears.
What You'll Need
- 1 (30-ounce) bag frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced (with 1 tablespoon reserved for garnish)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup bacon bits, divided
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, scallions, salt, and pepper.
- In a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil until hot. Spread 3 cups of potato mixture evenly over bottom of skillet; press down with a spatula. Top with 1-1/2 cups cheese and 2 tablespoons bacon bits. Spread remaining potatoes on top; press down with spatula.
- Cook 12 to 15 minutes, or until potatoes are well browned and crisp. Loosen edge of potatoes with spatula. Place a large plate upside down over skillet; carefully turn skillet upside down over plate to remove potatoes.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Slide potatoes from plate into skillet so uncooked side is down. Cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until potatoes are well browned and tender.
- Slide onto serving plate. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese, reserved 1 tablespoon scallions, and remaining 2 tablespoons bacon bits. Cut into wedges and serve.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're a lover of crispy-crunchy snacks, then you're really going to enjoy this recipe for Crispy Green Bean Fries. Lightly-breaded green beans are baked until they're perfectly crispy, so you can enjoy healthier and yummier snacking.