Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Italian Cheese Dumplings
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're looking to add something new to your Italian menu, then you've gotta make our Italian Cheese Dumplings. This extra cheesy and super easy Italian recipe is a jaw-dropper your guests will love!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (15-ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta cheese, eggs, egg yolk, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mix well. Add 1 cup flour and stir just until combined and mixture forms a ball. (Mixture will be soft.)
- Dust baking sheets with flour. Drop a teaspoonful of dough onto baking sheet in an oval shape. Repeat with remaining dough. (You will get approximately 60.) Lightly dust with more flour.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, drop about 15 dough balls. When dough rises to top of water, cook another 4 minutes, or until no longer gummy in center. Using a slotted spoon, remove dumplings to a bowl. Repeat with remaining dough balls until all are cooked.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add dumplings, parsley, garlic, and remaining salt and pepper. Cook 5 to 6 minutes, or until dumplings start to brown, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately.
- We like to serve these with extra Parmesan cheese and they're also great with marinara sauce!
- We served this up with a cool and crunchy Caesar salad for a delicious Italian meal!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Tired of serving chicken breasts the same ol' way every time? If so, then you'll love this recipe for Cheesy Baked Chicken. These chicken breasts have a cracker crumb coating made from crushed cheese crackers and sesame seeds, so you can expect lots of crunch and flavor in every bite. Plus, this one is done in just about 30 minutes, which makes it great for busy weeknights!