Easy Italian Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We love rice dishes that are full of veggies, 'cause it helps add color to our table and nutrition to our bodies. This recipe for Easy Italian Rice is simple, flavorful, and beautiful.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup long- or whole-grain uncooked rice
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced yellow squash
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, combine rice and 1-1/2 cups of chicken broth; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer about 15 minutes; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter; cook the carrots, zucchini, and yellow squash 2 to 3 minutes, or just until softened. Add wine and cook 2 more minutes; set aside and keep warm.
- Over medium-high heat, add remaining broth to rice and stir until broth is absorbed. Stir in cooked vegetables, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Serve immediately.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 171
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7g 6 %
- Saturated Fat 2.1g 10 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 4.6g 9 %
- Cholesterol 8.8mg 3 %
- Sodium 560mg 23 %
- Total Carbohydrates 28g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.1g 4 %
- Sugars 1.2g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
It's time to pinch pennies, so picking up a pack or two of chicken thighs will help you do that. But just because chicken thighs are a bargain doesn't mean they have to taste like a budget meal. Our recipe for Teriyaki Chicken Thighs proves it!