Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Easy Italian Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We love rice dishes that are full of veggies, 'cause it helps add color to our table and nutrition to our bodies. This recipe for Easy Italian Rice is simple, flavorful, and beautiful.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup long- or whole-grain uncooked rice
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced yellow squash
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, combine rice and 1-1/2 cups of chicken broth; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer about 15 minutes; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter; cook the carrots, zucchini, and yellow squash 2 to 3 minutes, or just until softened. Add wine and cook 2 more minutes; set aside and keep warm.
- Over medium-high heat, add remaining broth to rice and stir until broth is absorbed. Stir in cooked vegetables, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Serve immediately.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 171
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7g 6 %
- Saturated Fat 2.1g 10 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 4.6g 9 %
- Cholesterol 8.8mg 3 %
- Sodium 560mg 23 %
- Total Carbohydrates 28g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.1g 4 %
- Sugars 1.2g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The "butter tart" is considered one of Canada's quintessential desserts, and with good reason! All it takes is just one bite to understand what makes these so special. The pastry is super flaky, the filling is butter-rich, and together...they're amazing! Our recipe for Canada Tarts is one you'll want to add to your recipe box!