We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Wait till your family tries your fresh homemade pasta...and you don't even need a pasta machine for this one!
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and add enough water to just cover them. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender. Drain the potatoes and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat.
- Place the cooled potatoes in a medium-sized bowl and mash with a fork. Add the egg substitute, 3 cups of the flour, the salt, and pepper; mix well. If necessary, add additional flour, 1 teaspoon at a time, until the mixture is firm enough to handle (and not sticky). Pinch off 1/2-inch pieces from the dough and drop carefully into the boiling water. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the gnocchi rise to the top and the centers are cooked.
- Warm up some of your favorite prepared or homemade tomato sauce for serving with these.
- For easy Italian recipes you will make again and again, we've compiled this collection of 35 No-Fail Italian Favorites, Plus 7 Classic Sauces you can make at home!