Mushroom Wild Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The addition of fresh mushrooms and crunchy almonds is what makes this slow cooker Mushroom Wild Rice go-along recipe so special. Lots of texture, flavor and crunch equal lots of requests for second helpings!
What You'll Need
- 1 (6-ounce) package wild rice
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sherry or water
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
What to Do
- In a 4-quart slow cooker, combine all ingredients except almonds .
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 3 hours or on LOW setting 5 to 6 hours, or until rice is tender. Drain excess liquid, if necessary. Fluff rice with a fork; sprinkle with toasted almonds, and serve.
For more tasty mushroom ideas, check out our collection of 28 Mouthwatering Mushroom Recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Did you know that the first President of the United States, George Washington, began his morning routine with a breakfast that included the most incredible corn cakes? We decided to recreate his morning favorite, so you can make them for your family. George Washington's Corn Cakes feature the perfect combo of savory and sweet.