Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Pecan Wild Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 20 Min
- COOK TIME
- 8 Min
- READY IN
- 28 Min
It's that added crunch that really makes this recipe for Pecan Wild Rice something special. Rice side dish recipes are so versatile... and that's why we really love 'em! From chicken breast recipes to pork chop recipes and more, rice complements such a wide variety of dishes, so you can whip out this recipe whenever you need it. It's rice to the rescue!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/3 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (2.75-ounce) package quick-cooking wild rice
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind (see note)
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
What To Do:
- Bring first 3 ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add rice; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Drain off excess liquid.
- Fluff rice with a fork. Add scallions and remaining ingredients; toss gently to combine.
The rind from citrus fruits add bold flavor to dishes like this wild rice. Before grating, scrub the fruit to remove any wax or chemicals; then pull a zester across or down the fruit's rind, or rub the fruit against a fine grater. Be careful to remove only the colored skin of the fruit-not the white pith, which tends to be bitter.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Celebrate Mardi Gras with a New Orleans classic! Beignets are basically fritters, in that they're made from dough that's dropped into hot oil and deep-fried until golden and delicious. Before they're ready to be enjoyed our Mardi Gras Beignets are sprinkled with confectioners' sugar, just like they do in N'awlins!