Perfect Pesto Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for easy potato recipes? Look no further! Our recipe for Perfect Pesto Potatoes is going to be the best potato recipe you've had in a while. Fresh basil grown in your window or bought from the store, combined with a few select ingredients, makes an easy-to-throw-together pesto recipe that will pack this roasted potato dish with extra fresh flavor! The potato is a classic and versatile ingredient; but now it's the best it's ever been.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 medium Idaho baking potatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds total), cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the pepper; mix well. Add potatoes and toss until well coated. Place potatoes on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast 40 to 45 minutes or until crisp and brown on the outside and tender on the inside, turning halfway through the roasting.
- Meanwhile, to make the pesto sauce, in a blender or food processsor, combine basil, remaining 1/4 cup oil, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, garlic, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; blend until smooth.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl, add 1/2 cup pesto sauce, and toss until evenly coated. Serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftover pesto sauce for another use.
- Why not sprinkle these with grated Parmesan cheese just before serving for extra cheesy flavor? I like to use potatoes with the skin on, but if you prefer, you can peel them first.
- Want more tasty potato recipes? Check out our collection of Easy Potato Recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When the heat of summer has us turning away from comfort foods, we like to turn to recipes like this Chilled Beefed-Up Summer Salad. And, since salad is only as good as the dressing that goes on it, you can bet we've paired this beefy summer salad with the perfect, homemade, creamy horseradish dressing to make this extra mm..mm..tasty!