Sage Corn Bread Dressing
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Use those day-old leftover corn muffins to make a go-along that's perfect for matching up with roast turkey. And if you drizzle the pan drippings over this, you'd better be ready for some real hearty eating!
What You'll Need
- 6 cups coarsely crumbled corn muffins (see Note)
- 4 slices white bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine crumbled muffins, bread pieces, onion, butter, sage, and pepper. Add eggs and broth to mixture, stirring until well combined.
- Pour into baking dish. Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until dressing is golden and edges are set.
Six corn muffins (16 ounces total) will yield 6 cups crumbled; if you prefer, just crumble cornbread.