The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More
Bread Custard Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you believe that the way to their hearts is through their stomachs, serve this along with a glass of cold milk or maybe some refreshing iced tea. You should enjoy this one while relaxing with the ones you love best!
What You'll Need
- 3 slices white bread, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
What to Do
- Preheat the over to 350 degree F. Place the bread in a 11/2-quart casserole dish that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, eggs, granulated sugar, butter, and salt; mix well. Pour over the bread and let sit for 5 minutes until absorbed by the bread. Place the casserole dish in a large baking pan of hot water, with just enough water to go halfway up the sides of the casserole dish.
- Bake for 80 to 90 minutes, or until the top is set and golden. Carefully remove from the hot water bath and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Cover and chill for at least 3 hours before serving. When ready to serve, sprinkle with the confectioners' sugar.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 257
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11g 17 %
- Saturated Fat 6.1g 30 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 8.8g 18 %
- Cholesterol 147mg 49 %
- Sodium 401mg 17 %
- Total Carbohydrates 31g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.3g 1 %
- Sugars 25g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe comes straight to you from a galaxy far, far away, as we celebrate Star Wars Galaxy's Edge in Disney's Hollywood Studios. If you head that way and explore the vast Star Wars galaxy, you might find yourself in Docking Bay 7 to fuel up. That's where we got the inspiration for our version of this Braised Shaak Roast. This hearty beef recipe teams up with cavatelli pasta and lots of veggies, for a flavor-packed combo that makes this hearty and comforting recipe something worth bringing home.