The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More
Maple Walnut Mousse
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When I was growing up, one of my favorite flavors of ice cream was maple walnut. Now it's one of my favorite flavors of mousse!
What You'll Need
- 1 envelope (0.25 ounces) unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 cup (½ pint) heavy cream
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
What to Do
- In a large bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water and let stand for 5 minutes. Add the boiling water and stir until the gelatin dissolves. Stir in the maple syrup, then cover and chill for about 1-1/2 hours, or until thickened but not set.
- In a medium-sized bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat the cream for 4 to 6 minutes, until stiff peaks form. Fold the cream into the gelatin mixture, then add the walnuts and continue to fold until well combined.
- Spoon into a large serving bowl or individual parfait glasses and chill for at least 2 hours. Serve or cover and keep chilled until ready to serve.
Wanna get a little nutty? Top each serving with some additional chopped walnuts.