Easy Avocado Spread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Easy Avocado Spread is made with just three ingredients, and it tastes so creamy and luscious! It makes for a great topping on just about anything, including toast rounds or even a simple piece of chicken. Just be warned: this avocado spread is very addictive!
What You'll Need:
- 2 ripened avocados, rinsed and dried
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
What To Do:
- Using a sharp knife, cut the avocados in half, working around the pit. Twist avocados to separate the halves. Spoon out the pit and scoop out the avocado flesh into a resealable plastic storage bag. Add lemon juice and salt, seal bag, and mash the avocado with your hands until mixture is combined and spreadable.
- Cut the tip off one corner of plastic bag and pipe mixture onto French bread slices, crackers, or slices of fresh vegetables. Top with a dab of your favorite condiment, such as salsa, sun-dried tomatoes, or chopped olives.
- Enjoyed this recipe? Check out more avocado faves in our collection of Healthy Eats: 12 Amazing Recipes with Avocado.
- By the way, did you know that avocados contain MUFA's (Monounsaturated Fatty Acids)? Those are the kinds of good fats that help keep our hearts healthy!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Instead of cooking ham or prime rib for Easter, why not try something new this year? Our Herb-Crusted Lamb with Mint Sauce may look and sound fancy, but it's really easy to do. It's basically a rack of lamb that's coated with herbs and spices before it's roasted to perfection. Just before serving, it's finished off with a mint-wine reduction. The end result is an Easter-worthy main dish that'll impress everyone at the table.