Tomato Basil Mozzarella Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Red, green, and white... eat the colors of Italy with this authentic, Italian Tomato Basil Mozzarella Salad.
What You'll Need
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices (about 1-1/2 pounds) (see note)
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
What to Do
- Arrange tomato slices on a serving platter. Top each tomato slice with a basil leaf and a cheese strip.
- Combine oil and lemon juice; drizzle over tomato salad. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
Vine-ripened tomatoes are preferable for this fresh salad. They're available year-round but are at their peak from June through September.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Easter Egg Bread recipe is sure to become an Easter tradition for years to come! This eye-catching Easter bread recipe is a pull-apart sweet bread that has colorful Easter eggs baked right in. It's such a sweet and colorful dessert, no one will be able to resist pulling off a piece of this Easter bread recipe. Kids and adults alike will love tearing off a piece and enjoying this sweet, festive sweet bread recipe.