Tomato Basil Mozzarella Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Red, green, and white... eat the colors of Italy with this authentic, Italian Tomato Basil Mozzarella Salad.
What You'll Need
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices (about 1-1/2 pounds) (see note)
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
What to Do
- Arrange tomato slices on a serving platter. Top each tomato slice with a basil leaf and a cheese strip.
- Combine oil and lemon juice; drizzle over tomato salad. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
Vine-ripened tomatoes are preferable for this fresh salad. They're available year-round but are at their peak from June through September.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.