Traditional Barbecue Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Nothing's more all-American than a backyard cookout! And when it comes to slathering on a flavorful barbecue sauce, everybody has their favorite type. Check out this traditional favorite!
What You'll Need
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil; boil for a few minutes, until the sauce thickens, stirring constantly. Serve warm.
Makes about1-1/2 cups
- Discard any leftover sauce that has come in contact with raw meat or other foods.
- Any leftover sauce that hasn’t come in contact with raw foods should be allowed to cool before covering and storing in the refrigerator.