Dusted Catfish Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Listen up, seafood fans. We've got a catfish recipe you're going to want to make for lunch every day this week! Our Dusted Catfish Sandwiches are great for preparing the next time you've got the grill going. When you're tired of only offering up burgers or hot dogs, then a restaurant-style catfish sandwich is a pleasant change of pace.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced canned chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 cup self-rising cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 (6-ounce) catfish fillets
- 4 sandwich buns, split and toasted
- 4 tomato slices
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
What to Do
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Stir together first 3 ingredients and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Combine cornmeal, cumin, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Rinse fish, and dredge in cornmeal mixture. Spray fish evenly with cooking spray.
- Grill fish, covered, 3 to 4 minutes on each side or just until fish begins to flake with a fork.
- Serve on buns with mayonnaise mixture, tomato slices, and shredded lettuce.
Check This Out!
- Don't have time to start the grill? Just cook this in a skillet over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Easy!
- For more catfish goodness, try our Catfish 'n' Biscuits, our Catfish 'n' Slaw, or our classic Fried Catfish.
- Looking for something to top that fish? Try our Fish Fry Tartar Sauce!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This easy recipe is sure to become a family-favorite! Our Beef 'n' Broccoli Noodle Toss is an Asian-inspired dish that starts with budget-friendly ramen noodles. Whip it up for a quick weeknight dinner that's sure to please everyone!