Roast Beef Subs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We love this easy sandwich recipe for Roast Beef Subs 'cause it uses a few ingredients you're not going to see in ordinary sandwiches, like corn. It's an unusual summer recipe that we think you're really going to enjoy. Serve it alongside some potato chips or apple slices, and you've got yourself a meal the whole family is sure to gobble down. Plus, if you get the roast beef fresh from the deli, you're guaranteed to have a sandwich to remember.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/4 cups fresh corn kernels or frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup Caesar dressing
- 4 (6-1/2-inch submarine rolls
- 4 red leaf lettuce leaves
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) tomato slices
- 8 (1-ounce) slices lean cooked roast beef
What to Do
- Combine first 4 ingredients, and set aside.
- Cut a 1/4-inch-thick slice off top of each roll; set tops aside. Hollow out center of rolls, leaving 1/2-inch-thick shells. (Reserve inside of rolls for another use.) Place 1 lettuce leaf in bottom portion of each roll. Spoon corn mixture evenly over lettuce; top each serving with 2 tomato slices and 2 slices roast beef. Cover with roll tops.
This sub is good anytime of year, but the flavor is at its best during the summer when corn and tomatoes are at their peak.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 340
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15g 24 %
- Saturated Fat 3.5g 17 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 27g 54 %
- Cholesterol 46mg 15 %
- Sodium 793mg 33 %
- Total Carbohydrates 57g 19 %
- Dietary Fiber 9.1g 36 %
- Sugars 9.5g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe was under lock and key with our Test Kitchen supervisor for years. It was a family recipe and she finally did share it with us. So, here you go. Make sure you let us know how much you like Cold Fudge Cake in the recipe comments below.