Italian Antipasto Grilled Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Think a grilled cheese sandwich is just for the kids? Think again! This Italian-Antipasto Grilled Cheese sandwich has all the tastes of your favorite Italian restaurant-style salad, in a warm, melty sandwich. What gives it the added flavor are some roasted red peppers, and a few slices of salami. It'll take your grilled cheese sandwich from kids-only to 5-star gourmet ready!
What You'll Need
- 8 slices Italian or sourdough bread
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, cut into strips, drained well
- 8 slices deli-style Genoa salami
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup olive oil
What to Do
- Place 4 bread slices on work surface. Evenly layer each slice with provolone cheese, red pepper strips, and salami. Sprinkle with garlic powder and oregano. Place remaining bread on top and brush both sides of sandwiches with olive oil.
- In a large skillet or a griddle over medium heat, cook sandwiches in batches until golden on both sides and cheese is melted.
Test Kitchen Tip
- Want more amazing grilled cheese sandwich recipes that are sure to impress? Check out our Caprese-Style Grilled Cheese and for some southern flavors, try our BBQ Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese! Yum!
- Enjoy the flavors of antipasto? For a get-together favorite try our Antipasto Stuffed Shells or, if you feel like the classic, here's our 5-star Italian Antipasto recipe!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For more cheesy-good recipes, download our free eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 488
- Calories from Fat 302
- Total Fat 34g 52 %
- Saturated Fat 13g 65 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 21g 42 %
- Cholesterol 51mg 17 %
- Sodium 1,124mg 47 %
- Total Carbohydrates 28g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g 5 %
- Sugars 0.7g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got what we think is the Best Broccoli Salad, and we're betting you'll agree! This garden-fresh broccoli salad is tossed in a creamy homemade dressing and livened up with a few surprises, so it's sure to be one of your favorite easy broccoli recipes for potluck parties! But nothing says you have to take this recipe to a party. This easy broccoli salad is perfect for summer lunches or as a fresh dinner dish. It has just the right amount of creamy flavor to make this broccoli salad a recipe you'll want to make again and again.